Applies to: All ANNKE Analog cameras
There are 5 ways to judge if the camera is on.
1. Check if the infrared light is on (for IP security cameras). The infrared lights will flash when the camera is working in the darkness. In the day time, you can cover the lens with your hands and check if the light is on through your fingers.
2. Log in to see if you can see the live stream. If you can see the live stream on a monitor, the app and computer, and the footage is showing up correctly, the camera is on.
3. Learn from the power indicator of the cameras. Some IP cameras or wireless IP cameras have a status LED, so you can easily tell whether the camera is working.
4. Observe if the camera is moving (for pan and tilt type camera). When the camera is working, you can see the camera continuously rotating, and hear a distinct buzz.
5. Use electronic bug detectors. Working cameras would produce what is called the balanced signal. The electronic bug detectors can easily detect the working cameras by capturing the balanced signal.