Applies to: I61DQ/I21AE/I21AF/I61DS
Our manual says you don‘t need wire camera to the router to set up for the first time.
But if you find you can not use the phone to make camera connect wifi from the router, you can wire the camera to the router so that computer can access the camera's setting to config wifi.
1. Wire camera to the router by cable.
2. Get a computer to access the camera. Here is instruction.
3. set up wifi on the computer. Here is instruction.
If the computer cannot detect the camera after you remove the cable, it proves the camera doesn‘t connect wifi successfully. You can try the methods below.
1. Please make sure the camera is less than 30 feet away from the router.
2. There are 2 kinds of wifi. One is 2.4Ghz and another is 5Ghz. Most wifi is 2.4Ghz. Our camera can‘t connect 5Ghz wifi.
3. If there is a special character like @#% in your wifi SSID and password, please delete the special character to have a try.
4. Please go to your router‘s page try to change the encryption mode of wifi to other modes on the list such as WPA, WPA2, WEP and so on. Please try all encryption modes.
5. If you can, please check if the camera can connect another wifi.