The system can be configured to send an email notification to all designated users if an event is detected, e.g. an alarm or motion event is detected, etc.
Before you start:
- The DVR/NVR must be connected to a local area network (LAN) that maintains an SMTP mail server.
- Make sure you have configured the IPv4 Address, IPv4 Subnet Mask, IPv4 Gateway.
- Preferred DNS Server in the Network Settings menu.
- The network must also be connected to either an intranet or the Internet depending on the location of the e-mail accounts to which you want to send a notification.
- Click Menu > Configuration > Network.
- Select the Email tab to enter the Email Settings interface.
- Configure the following Email settings:
Enable Server Authentication (optional): Check the checkbox to enable the server authentication feature.
User Name: Filed in the email address of the sender.
Password: The password of the sender’s Email for SMTP server authentication.
SMTP Mode: Including General and Custom.
SMTP Server: The SMTP Server IP address or hostname (e.g., smtp.gmail.com).
SMTP Port No: The SMTP port. The default TCP/IP port used for SMTP is 587/465(Preferred 587).
Enable SSL (optional): Click the checkbox to enable SSL if required by the SMTP server.
Sender: Filed in the email address of the sender.
Sender’s Address: Filed in the email address of the sender.
Select Receivers: Filed in the email address of receivers. Up to 3 receivers can be configured.
Receiver: Filed in the email address of receivers.
Receiver’s Address: The Email address of the receiver.
Enable Attached Pictures: If you want to send an email with attached alarm images. The interval is the time between two captures of the alarm images.
Interval: The interval refers to the time between two actions of sending the attached pictures.
E-mail Test: Sends a test message to verify that the SMTP server can be reached.
Click the Apply button to save the Email settings.
You can click the Test button to test whether your Email settings work. The corresponding Attention message box pops up.