Universal Plug and Play (UPnP™) can permit the device seamlessly discover the presence of other network devices on the network and establish functional network services for data sharing, communications, etc. You can use the UPnP™ function to enable the fast connection of the device to the WAN via a router without port mapping.
Before you start:
If you want to enable the UPnP™ function of the device, you must enable the UPnP™ function of the router to which your device is connected. When the network working mode of the device is set as multi-address, the Default Route of the device should be in the same network segment as that of the LAN IP address of the router.
- Enter the Network Settings interface. Menu > Configuration > Network
- Select the NAT tab to enter the UPnP™ settings interface.
- Check the checkbox to enable UPnP™.
- Select the Mapping Type Auto in the drop-down list.
- Click the Apply button to save the settings.
- You can click the Refresh button to get the latest status of the port mapping.