Universal Plug and Play (UPnP™) can permit the device seamlessly discover the presence of other network devices on the network and establish functional network services for data sharing, communications, etc. You can use the UPnP™ function to enable the fast connection of the device to the WAN via a router without port mapping.
Before you start:
If you want to enable the UPnP™ function of the device, you must enable the UPnP™ function of the router to which your device is connected. When the network working mode of the device is set as multi-address, the Default Route of the device should be in the same network segment as that of the LAN IP address of the router.
- Enter the Network Settings interface. Menu > Configuration > Network.
- Select the NAT tab to enter the UPnP™ settings interface.
- Check the checkbox to enable UPnP™.
- Select the Mapping Type manual in the drop-down list.
- Click Edit to activate the External Port Settings dialog box. Configure the external port No. for server port, http port and RTSP port respectively.
a. You can use the default port No., or change it according to actual requirements.
b. External Port indicates the port No. for port mapping in the router.
- You can click the Refresh button to get the latest status of the port mapping.