Purpose: A newly installed hard disk drive (HDD) must be initialized before it can be used with your DVR.
Before you start:
- You should log in to your DVR/NVR.
- You have installed a hard disk drive (HDD) into your DVR/NVR.
- Click Menu > HDD > General, and enter the HDD Information interface.
- Select HDD to be initialized.
- Click the Init button.
- Select the OK button to start initialization in the pop-out window.
- After the HDD has been initialized, the status of the HDD will change from Uninitialized to Normal.
Note: Initializing the HDD will erase all data on it.