Applies to: DT41Y/DT61Y/DT81Y/DN41R/DN61R/DN81R/DT41GB/DT81GB/DT61GB/DT41DB/DT81DB/DT61EQ/DW41JD/DW81KD/DW61LD/DT81DP
You can lock the recorded files or set the HDD property to Read-only to protect the record files from being overwritten.
Protect file by locking the record files
- Enter Playback setting interface. Menu> Export
Select the channel you want to investigate by checking the checkbox.
- Configure the record type, file type, start time and end time.
- Click Search to show the results.
- Protect the record files.
- Find the record files you want to protect, and then click the icon which will turn to , indicating that the file is locked.
- Click to change it to to unlock the file and the file is not protected.
The record files of which the recording is still not completed cannot be locked.
Protect file by setting HDD property to Read-only
Before you start:
To edit HDD property, you need to set the storage mode of the HDD to Group.
- Enter HDD setting interface. Menu> HDD
- Click to edit the HDD you want to protect.
- Set the HDD to Read-only.
- Click OK to save settings and back to the upper-level menu.
- You cannot save any files in a Read-only HDD. If you want to save files in the HDD, change the property to R/W.
- If there is only one HDD and is set to Read-only, the DVR cannot record any files. Only live view mode is available.
- If you set the HDD to Read-only when the DVR is saving files in it, then the file will be saved in next R/W HDD. If there is only one HDD, the recording will be stopped.