Applies to: N48PI/N44PI/N46PI/N44PAM/N48PAW/N46PCK/N88PCH/N441Y/N481Y
After the adding of the IP cameras, the basic information of the camera lists in the page, you can configure the basic setting of the IP cameras.
- Click the icon to edit the parameters; you can edit the IP address, protocol, and other parameters.
- Click OK to save the settings and exit the editing interface.
To edit advanced parameters
- Drag the horizontal scroll bar to the right side and click the icon.
- You can edit the network information and the password of the camera.
- Click Apply to save the settings and click OK to exit the interface.
Configuring the customized protocols
To connect the network cameras which are not configured with the standard protocols, you can configure the customized protocols for them.
- Click the Protocol button in the custom adding IP camera interface to enter the protocol management interface.
There are 16 customized protocols provided in the system, you can edit the protocol name, and choose whether to enable the sub-stream.
- Choose the protocol type of transmission and choose the transfer protocols.
Before customizing the protocol for the network camera, you have to contact the manufacturer of the network camera to consult the URL (uniform resource locator) for getting main-stream and sub-stream.
The format of the URL is: [Type]://[IP Address of the network camera]:[Port]/[Path].
● Example: rtsp://192.168.1.55:554/ch1/main/av_stream.
● Protocol Name: Edit the name for the custom protocol.
● Enable Substream: If the network camera does not support sub-stream or the sub-stream is not needed, leave the checkbox empty.
● Type: The network camera adopting custom protocol must support getting stream through standard RTSP.
● Transfer Protocol: Select the transfer protocol for the custom protocol.
● Port: Set the port No. for the custom protocol.
● Path: Set the resource path for the custom protocol. E.g., ch1/main/av_stream.
The protocol type and the transfer protocols must be supported by the connected network camera.
After adding the customized protocols, you can see the protocol name is listed in the dropdown list, please refer to below picture.
- Choose the protocols you just added to validate the connection of the network camera.