To connect the network cameras which are not configured with the standard protocols, you can configure the customized protocols for them.
Before you start:
- Make sure you have connected the IP cameras to the NVR system well.
- You have logged in to your device.
- Click Menu > Camera Management > Camera, enter into the IP Camera page.
- Click the Custom Adding IP Camera Button, then Click the Protocol button in the custom adding IP camera interface to enter the protocol management interface.
There are 16 customized protocols provided in the system, you can edit the protocol name, and choose whether to enable the sub-stream.
- Choose the protocol type of transmission and choose the transfer protocols.
● Protocol Name: Edit the name for the custom protocol.
● Enable Substream: If the network camera does not support sub-stream or the sub-stream is not needed, leave the checkbox empty.
● Type: The network camera adopting custom protocol must support getting stream through standard RTSP.
● Transfer Protocol: Select the transfer protocol for the custom protocol.
● Port: Set the port No. for the custom protocol.
● Path: Set the resource path for the custom protocol. E.g., ch1/main/av_stream.
Click Apply to save the settings and click OK to exit the interface.
1) Before customizing the protocol for the network camera, you have to contact the manufacturer of the network camera to consult the URL (uniform resource locator) for getting the main-stream and sub-stream.
The format of the URL is: [Type]://[IP Address of the network camera]:[Port]/[Path].
2) The protocol type and the transfer protocols must be supported by the connected network camera. After adding the customized protocols, you can see the protocol name is listed in the dropdown list.
- Choose the protocols you just added to validate the connection of the network camera.