Applies to: DT41Y/DT61Y/DT81Y/DN41R/DN61R/DN81R/DT41GB/DT81GB/DT61GB/DT41DB/DT81DB/DT61EQ/DW41JD/DW81KD/DW61LD/DT81DP/N48PI/N44PI/N46PI/N44PAM/N48PAW/N46PCK/N88PCH/N441Y/N481Y
Purpose: There is a default account in the DVR/NVR: Administrator. The Administrator user name is admin and the password is set when you start the device for the first time. The Administrator has the permission to add and delete the user and configure user parameters.
- Enter the User Management interface. Menu >Configuration>User
- Click the Add button to enter the Add User interface.
- Enter the information for the new user, including User Name, Password, Confirm, Level and User’s MAC Address
- Password: Set the password for the user account.
- Level: Set the user level to Operator or Guest. Different user levels have different operating permission.
Operator: The Operator user level has the permission of Two-way Audio in Remote
Configuration and all operating permission in Camera Configuration by default.
Guest: The Guest user has no permission of Two-way Audio in Remote Configuration and only has the local/remote playback in the Camera Configuration by default.
- User’s MAC Address: The MAC address of the remote PC which logs onto the DVR/NVR. If it is configured and enabled, it only allows the remote user with this MAC address to access the DVR/NVR
- Click the OK button to save the settings and go back to the User Management interface. The added new user will be displayed on the list.
- You can assign permissions for the added user.
- Select the user from the list and then click the button to enter the Permission settings interface
- Set the operating permission of Local Configuration, Remote Configuration and Camera Configuration for the user.
- Click OK to save the settings and exit.
- Local Log Search: Searching and viewing logs and system information of the device.
- Local Parameters Settings: Configuring parameters, restoring factory default parameters and importing/exporting configuration files, deleting and editing of a network camera. This function is supported by the HDVR series.
- Local Advanced Operation: Operating HDD management (initializing HDD, setting HDD property), upgrading system firmware.
- Local Shutdown /Reboot: Shutting down or rebooting the device.
- Remote Log Search: Remotely viewing logs that are saved on the device.
- Remote Parameters Settings: Remotely configuring parameters, restoring factory default parameters and importing/exporting configuration files.
- Remote Camera Management: Remotely enabling and disabling analog camera (s), and adding, deleting and editing of a network camera. This function is supported by the HDVR series.
- Remote Serial Port Control: Configuring settings for RS-485 port.
- Remote Video Output Control: Sending remote control panel signal.
- Two-way Audio: Realizing two-way radio between the remote client and the device.
- Remote Alarm Control: Remotely arming (notify alarm and exception message to the remote client) and controlling the alarm output.
- Remote Advanced Operation: Remotely operating HDD management (initializing HDD, setting HDD property), upgrading system firmware.
- Remote Shutdown/Reboot: Remotely shutting down or rebooting the device.
- Remote Live View: Remotely viewing live video of the selected camera.
- Local Manual Operation: Locally starting/stopping manual recording, picture capturing an alarm output of the selected camera.
- Remote Manual Operation: Remotely starting/stopping manual recording, picture capturing and alarm output of the selected camera.
Local Playback: Locally playing back recorded files of the selected camera.
- Remote Playback: Remotely playing back recorded files of the selected camera.
- Local PTZ Control: Locally controlling PTZ movement of the selected camera.
- Remote PTZ Control: Remotely controlling PTZ movement of the selected camera.
- Local Video Export: Locally exporting recorded files of the selected camera.
Noted: Local Camera Management is provided for the IP cameras only.
STRONG PASSWORD RECOMMENDED– We highly recommend you create a strong password of your own choosing (using a minimum of 8 characters, including upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters) in order to increase the security of your product. And we recommend you reset your password regularly, especially in the high-security system, resetting the password monthly or weekly can better protect you.