Applies to: N48PAW/N46PCK/H800
When the user wants to connect a third-party camera to ANNKE NVR, the camera can not be plug-and-play with ANNKE NVR but needs to be connected to the ANNKE NVR by ONVIF protocol. You may refer to this article to find detailed instructions.
Necessary requirements for the third-party camera.
1. Make sure the camera supports ONVIF and ONVIF has been activated. If you are not sure if your camera supports ONVIF or it has been activated or not, please contact the manufacturer of the camera to get help.
2. Camera's resolution is equal to or lower than the NVR. For example, if NVR is 6MP but the camera is 8MP, then the camera can not work with NVR.
1. The 3rd part camera can NOT be connected to ANNKE NVR directly by Ethernet cable.
Please connect NVR and 3rd part camera to the same router or the same POE switch by Ethernet cable. It also works if the camera is connected to the router by WIFI.
Access the system menu of NVR on the monitor and go to 'System Configurations→Camera→IP Channel→Online Device List'. If NVR and camera are connected to the same router or switch, the camera can be automatically recognized under 'Online Device List'. (You can go to 'System Configurations→Network→General' to check the IP address of NVR.)
If the camera can not be automatically recognized under 'Online Device List', please manually change the IP address of the camera. For example, if the IP address of NVR is 192.168.3.10 but the camera is 192.168.254.7, then click on the 'edit' button and change the IP Address of the camera to 192.168.3.7 and click on 'Refresh'. (We need to make sure the camera and the NVR is on the same network segment.)
2. Go back to 'Added Device List'. Select a channel that is NOT 'Online' and click on the 'edit' button.
3. Type in the information of the camera and click on 'Apply'.
IP camera address: the camera’s IP address detected and showed on the NVR
Protocol:ONVIF (If the camera is from the same kit of your ANNKE NVR, please choose 'IPCAM' instead)
Admin Password:the password of the IP camera
Other options just keep the same as the default, click OK to save the settings.
4. If the camera says 'Online' under 'Added Device List', that means the camera has been connected to NVR successfully.
If you have any other questions, please contact ANNKE technical support at email@example.com by email.
If this article is helpful to you, please click the "helpful" button after you review it. Any comments would be appreciated.