Applies to: N48PAW/N46PCK/H800
When the user wants to connect a third-party camera to ANNKE NVR, the camera can not be plug-and-play with ANNKE NVR but needs to be connected to the ANNKE NVR by ONVIF protocol. You may refer to this article to find detailed instructions.
The necessary requirements for the third-party camera.
1. Make sure the camera supports ONVIF and has been activated. If you are not sure if ONVIF has been activated, please contact the manufacturer of the camera about how to activate ONVIF.
2. Camera's resolution is equal to or lower than the recording resolution of NVR. For example, if NVR is 1080P but the camera is 4K, then the camera can not work with NVR.
1. Connect NVR and camera to the same router or switch by network cable. It also works if the camera is connected to the router by WIFI.
Access the system menu of NVR on the monitor and go to 'System Configurations→Camera→IP Channel→Online Device List'. If NVR and camera are connected to the same router or switch, the camera can be automatically recognized under 'Online Device List'. (You can go to 'System Configurations→Network→General' to check the IP address of NVR.)
If the camera can not be automatically recognized under 'Online Device List', please manually change the IP address of the camera. For example, if the IP address of NVR is 192.168.3.10 but the camera is 192.168.254.7, then click on the 'edit' button and change the IP Address of the camera to 192.168.3.7 and click on 'Refresh'.
2. Go back to 'Added Device List'. Select a channel that is NOT 'Online' and click on the 'edit' button.
3. Type in the information of the camera and click on 'Apply'.
Adding Method: Manual
Channel Address: The camera`s IP address that is shown under 'Online Device List'.
Transfer protocol: Auto.
User name: admin.
Password: Camera`s password or camera`s ONVIF password.
4. If the camera says 'Online' under 'Added Device List', that means the camera has been connected to NVR successfully.
If you have any other questions, please contact ANNKE technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org by email.
If this article is helpful to you, please click the "helpful" button after you review it. Any comments would be appreciated.