Applies to: DW81KD/DW61LD/DW41JD/S500, S300, FC200
We sell the system with a hard drive. But we also sell a system without one.
Please make sure yours does include a pre-installed hard drive inside first.
Please log in to the system and then go to the Menu-->Record-->Storage and check if there is the hard drive and its status is R/W.
If there is nothing on the storage or the status is not normal, it means something is wrong.
Please try the troubleshooting methods below.
1. If the hard drive is not from us, please provide us with a picture to show the white-label of your hard drive.
(You can refer to the link below to open the NVR's box to find the hard drive.)
We will make sure your hard drive is for surveillance use, not for PC use,
2. Open the cover of DVR/NVR. Uninstall and install HDD several times. Hers is the method :
3. Install the hard drive and put the hard drive close to your ear to check if you can hear some noise. One hour later, use your hands to touch the hard drive to check if it is warm. If you can not hear any sound and the surface of the hard drive is not warm, it can prove the hard drive is not even powered up. Please share our results.
4. Change the power adapter for the DVR. (The voltage and current need to be the same as the old one)
5. Change the HDD for the DVR.
If you find this article helpful, please click 'Yes' at the end of this article;
If you have any suggestions or questions for this article, please leave a comment in the below comment zone.