A false alarm happens in such a case when the security system mistakenly detects situations to be dangerous. There are several reasons that can cause false alarms.
The false alarms can cause discomfort for the owners and security forces as well as security guards. The system alarms the owner of a dangerous situation that isn’t really happening.
False alarms can be a great headache if we don’t choose the right security system.
Types of False Alarms
False alarms can be caused due to various reasons:
- Wild animals, pets, and insects can cause false alarms.
- Weather factors can cause false alarms.
- Wrong security codes is a very frequent reason of false alarm.
- A fire detector can cause false alarms.
- The motion sensor can cause false alarms due to weather, animals, etc.
- A power outage can cause false alarms.
Importance of Avoiding False Alarms
Stopping false alarms is vital to avoid any unwanted warnings. It is helpful for the surveillance company and police department to stop false alarms. Continuous false alarms can also be a great reason for an unwanted effect: the owner can avoid a true alarm as a false alarm.
Excess of false alarms can result in cancellation so that it won’t interfere with the security system. However, the proper maintenance of a device is required. False alarms can be helpful to identify a fault in the security system.
Ways to Avoid False Alarms
You can also avoid some false alarms by following the few tips:
- Know your codes.
- Keep animals out of the range or make use of volumetric sensors to avoid light bodies.
- Volumetric sensors should be calibrated properly to avoid any false alarms.
- Securing the access points.
- New employees should know about the installed security system.
- Avoid placing movable objects near the motion detectors.
- Change the batteries before they run out.
- Regular maintenance and replacement of equipment to avoid any false alarms.
False Alarm Verification System
Installing a good security system can be helpful to avoid false alarms. You should rely on a company that is trustworthy and guarantees the quality of a system.
Good maintenance is also required after the proper installation. You should find a security system that offers a regular maintenance plan.
Finally, to avoid false alarms, it is important to have an ideal alarm receiver center. It helps to verify if the alarm is real or not and update accordingly.